Linzebon is a type of Wintervalan pastry primarily made in the cities of Lusanne and Schzzwyxz. Traditionally only sold during the festival of Liebenheit, Linzebon is a type of small, sweet glazed biscuit that is traditionally made from almonds, spices, sugar, flour, eggs, and marzipan - though the recipe tends to vary from baker to baker. They were created for the Elder Giant Hanneliese as a birthday gift from a baker named Greta Zietrich, and according to stories, the elder loved them so much that they have been made for her during her birthday celebration ever since.
This recipe will yield 125 or more small cookies. Perfect for a party!
You will need: Edit
- 1 lb. Graham crackers, crushed fine
- 1 1/2 lb. almond meats, ground fine
- 1/2 lb. butter
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 cup flour
- 6 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Mix dry ingredients and work softened butter in well. Add lemon juice and mix in. Beat vanilla and egg yolks together adn stir them into mixture.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Test bake a biscuit - if it does not hold its shape, add a little more flour.
- Press a little dough into the mold, take it out and sugar the mold with granulated sugar. Press dough firmly into the mold. Tap it out onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake until slightly browned on the bottom - 10 minutes or more depending on the oven. Cool and store in an air tight container.
- Serve and enjoy!